The Ardagharea is located in Barrie's 'Southend.' It is home to many shops, restaurants and amenities, which are all within a very close distance from one another.
Ardagh Road runs East and West from Essa Road to the furthest part of the city limits on County Road 27. Ardagh Road was named after Rev. Samuel Brown Ardagh.
Linda Peterson of Agnes Street, Barrie, was a student at from 1953-1954 at the Hillcrest Public School. She won a $5.00 prize from the Barrie Lions Club, for her suggestion to change the name from Concession XIV to Ardagh Road. She chose this name, to be after Rev. S. B. Ardagh. He was the first school inspector for Simcoe Countyfrom 1844-1846.
LISTINGS IN ARDAGH
Below, is a list regarding some of the local transit and shopping.Please note: that if you would like to know more about a specific property or an amenity, feel free to ask me.
City Bus Service (Barrie Transit)
Holly Community Centre
The Ardagh community, also includes three schools.
Ardagh Bluffs Public School
St. Joan of Arc Catholic High School
Bear Creek Secondary School
The Ardagh Community is best known for the Ardagh Bluffs, which is located between Ardagh Road and Mapleview Drive, west of Essa Road and is home to Barrie's Southend. The Bluffs cover a total area of 518 acres and has over 17 kilometres of trails.
In 2007, a management plan for the Ardagh Bluffs was completed. Please click on the links below to view the plan and its associated appendices and figures.
Ardagh Bluffs Management Plan (as of 2007)
For more information regarding the Ardagh Bluffs Natural Area
The ArdaghCommunity is forever changing and revamping itself. Currently, there is a new development company that is starting to build, calledSean Homes. The location for the development will be situated on Essa Road, just East of Veterans Drive/Ferndale Drive.
TIMBERWALK, is a Condominium Community in Ardagh.
It consists of 54 acres that includes Townhomes and 8-plexes and Apartment style units. There are 7 different Condominium Corporations within the community and a total of 514 units.